Cardiovascular Services Overview
Cardiology ServicesOur non-invasive Cardiology Services provide for the diagnosis and monitoring of heart disease, on both an inpatient and an outpatient basis. The department utilizes state-of-the-art technology, licensed and certified technologists and supplies prompt results.
Cardiology services include:
- EKG (Electrocardiogram)
- Stress Testing
- Holter monitoring
- Event Monitoring
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Nuclear Cardiac Study
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
Cardiopulmonary Services offers services for several medical specialties.
Pulmonary care services include: aerosol therapy, oxygen therapy, mechanical ventilation, chest physiotherapy, emergency resuscitation, arterial blood gases, and pulmonary function testing.
Cardiology services include: ECGs, cardiac stress testing, echocardiograms, stress echos, transesophageal echos, and cardiac event monitoring.
Neurology services include: EEGs and polysomnograph studies.
Cardiopulmonary Services is staffed 24-hours per day and diagnostics are routinely offered Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m through 4:30 p.m.
Cardiac Rehabilitation ServicesThe Cardiac Rehabilitation Services at Haywood Regional Medical Center are designed to help participants learn to modify and control risk factors and achieve and maintain optimal health through physical exercise and education. This service is offered in our beautiful, 54,000 sq. ft. Health & Fitness Center.
The primary goal of this service is to enable each individual to achieve a personal level of physical, psychological, vocational, and social health through three phases of rehabilitation: In-patient; Out-patient; and Maintenance.
Participants are instructed on these behavior modifications:
- Stress Management
- Smoking Cessation
Educational topics include:
- Challenge of Recovery
- Pulse Count and Target Heart Rate
- Angina and Common Arrhythmias
- Heart Healthy Diet
- Risk Factors
- Stress Management / Relaxation
- Home Exercise
Benefits to the Participant are:
- Improved exercise tolerance
- Improved cholesterol levels
- Improved quality of life
- Confidence to perform routine daily activities
- Increased understanding of heart disease and its' management
- Improved self-esteem, and control
An Order for an Evaluation from your family physician is the first step in receiving these services.
For information about this service contact us by clicking here.
For Pulmonary and Respiratory Care Services, Click Here
- Services A-Z
- Behavioral Health Services
- The Breast Care Program at Haywood Regional
- Cancer Services
- Chaplaincy Program
- Emergency Department
- Home Care Services
- Health & Fitness Center
- Hospice & Palliative Care
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Medical/Surgical Unit (Med Surg)
- Neck & Spine Services
- Nutrition Education
- Occupational Health
- Haywood Interventional Pain Solutions
- Primary Care
- Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
- Rehabilitation & Physical Therapy
- Spine Care
- Sports Medicine
- Sports Nutrition Education
- Thoractic & Vascular
- Vein Clinic
- Family Birthing Center
- Wound Care Center